Thursday, January 21, 2010

Itching for a change

I'm in a funk. I think it is because we had an offer on a house I REALLY REALLY wanted! It was perfect for my plans of part-time homeschooling to start next fall. RIGHT next to a school. It had an AWESOME layout: all the bedrooms on the top floor, nice open space on the main with two large family rooms, etc. It was also in need of serious updating: I know that would be a drawback for most people, but it is a serious bonus in my book. Anyway, it was a short sale, we had an offer on it, the only offer, and they detained foreclosure because of our offer. So we wait. We were prepared to wait...that's what "short" sale means right? Waiting. Well, come to find out, while the sellers have the house up for sale, they are trying to negotiate with the bank for a loan modification so they can lower their payment and stay in their house. So things are not looking in our favor. I'd do the same thing if I was in their position, but I'm still bummed. I know the Lord will lead us to the right place at the right time. I know that without a doubt. But I'm still bummed. I was really trying not to get my hopes up about that house...but...obviously I did. So now I'm in a funk. And I'm itching to get out of it. I've been drawn to finding great remodeling blogs. Things that will inspire me. But instead of cheering me up, I think it is having the opposite effect. I don't have a new house to remodel. It would just be silly to spend money remodeling this one if we are leaving. I have already organized my house from top to bottom, so that form of appeasement is out. The only place left is my garage and it is sooooo cold that isn't even a realistic option. What to do.... Shopping comes to mind, but I don't want to spend money out of boredom and I've already hit all the after-Christmas clearances. Ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment