Friday, January 29, 2010

Down Time

Our nights are usually crazy trying to fit everything in before bedtime so the kids don't wake up tired. The other night was such a blessing though. We had about an hour where we were just chilling. I was sitting on the couch, C. snuggled up so he could tell me about his day, the girls were dancing to some sweet tunes. Even K. was joining in, trying to spin and put her arms out pretty like she was one of the big girls. Pretty soon, C. was showing us the steps he was learning in school (one, two, three, bow...One, two, three, stop). Then it turned into A. and C. dancing together and me showing them some basic lifts (John was wondering if he needed to step in at this point, but the look on my face was enough to tell him he had better not :). It was just so nice. One of those nights where I look around, surrounded by people I love more than life, and realize how blessed I am. I wish I could have bottled up the evening and saved it to enjoy again and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment