Thursday, April 9, 2009

Wishful Thinking

Once again I'm wishing that I could be more than I am. I feel like I'm just falling short in everything. I only have so much time and so much energy (rather low with all the nighttime feedings) and it is a constant battle to not get down on myself for everything I want to be doing, or think I should be doing, or wish I could be doing. I wish I had more time to play with my children-that whenever they asked me to play baseball or a game or barbies or something that I could always say yes. Maybe if there wasn't any cooking,cleaning, or laundry to be done. I wish that I had amazing dinners waiting for John when he came home. I wish that I never got impatient with all the requests that were coming from four very little mouths. I wish I could give each young woman in the ward personal encouragement and any physical help they need each day. I wish that I was completely on top of scrapbooking and blogging our family history. I wish that my house was always in order and my bathrooms always clean. I wish that I was doing more to ease my mom's grief. I wish that I could find the time and energy to work out every day. I wish I could find the time each day to practice the guitar and or finish the song I'm trying to write. I wish that I could find 15 uninterrupted minutes to study my scriptures each day. The list could go on forever, but I don't even have the time to finish my thoughts because it is late and John is asking if I'm ready to go to bed. Hmmmmm. There is a time and a season to all things right?

No comments:

Post a Comment