Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Evidence

Remember the talk by Elder Eyring where he talked about keeping a journal of how he had seen the hand of the Lord in his life each day? I've tried to do that. I'm not very consistent, but I try to write in it. It really does amaze me when I spend time contemplating how the Lord has helped me each day. His hand is definitely in my life, in the large and the small things. Here's something little from today. I was going to pick up Carston from school. I had to wake up two of the girls to go, so everyone was grumpy and whiney and it was a bit of an ordeal to get everyone out the door. I had Macy and Kate in the car, had grabbed my purse, and left the front door locked but open. I went in the car to wait for Avery who was dragging her feet. I got in the car, reached for my keys, and remembered that they were sitting on the stairs. By this time Avery had made it to the car, so I started feeling sick thinking about how now we were locked out of the house and Carston was expecting me to pick him up in five minutes. Avery always shuts the door behind her, so needless to say I was struck with gratitude when I headed back to the porch and saw it open. Some people might say it was just luck, by maybe luck is really God's blessing. The more I search my life, and ponder, and write, the more inclined I am to believe the latter.

No comments:

Post a Comment