Saturday, May 14, 2011

Resolution

I have been filled with unkind feelings lately toward a certain company we've been trying to work with. I've been frustrated, flabbergasted, angry, upset, annoyed, sad, etc. I did not like this company one bit. I was so torn with what we should do and how we should proceed. A couple nights ago we got some more upsetting news and I ended up staying up until the wee hours of the morning trying to calm myself down so I could sleep. The next day, I told John I needed to go to the temple. Driving over there that evening, we just about got into a stupid argument. I knew that it was the adversary trying to prevent me from being in the right spirit. I knew I wouldn't be able to get the answers I was seeking if I went in there upset with John. I prayed my guts out that in the remaining five minutes before we arrived, our issue could be resolved. It was. We have never started down one of those discussions and had it end so quickly. I knew that was a little miracle from God and I was so thankful for it.
As I sat in the session, I kept praying to know what we should do. Should we continue to work with this company or should we pull out? I kept getting the answer that we should keep working with them. Even though I knew that was the road we should take, I still didn't WANT to do it. I was filled with anger and bitterness toward them, and the thought of completing this project with them seriously made me sick to my stomach. So then I spent the next part of the session asking Heavenly Father to please change my heart so that I would not have these feelings and I'd be able to work with them and do what needed to be done with a peaceful heart.
I was surprised with how Heavenly Father helped me have that change of heart. The last time we went to the temple, I could feel the spirit of our next child. It was a very emotional experience and helped me with some things relating to my feelings about having another child. Because of how my pregnancies go, as well as all the things I have going on, I feel like it is best for us to be settled in a new home before I get pregnant again. As I sat in the temple yesterday struggling with my feelings for this company and my desire to work with them in building a home, I felt such a strong impression about having this baby. What was more important? The issues we had with this company? Or being able to bring this child into our family? Heavenly Father let me know that this child was waiting and ready to come down, and bringing this child into our home was more important than anything happening with this company. There probably isn't any other thing that Heavenly Father could have used that would have been powerful enough for me to let my negative emotions go so I could move forward and be at peace with this company. Just like that, my heart was changed. Where it had been filled with anger and resentment and bitterness jush an hour before, it was now filled with peace and understanding. That is a miracle to me.
I am so grateful for Heavenly Father and the temple. This was a problem in my life where taking a lot of time to work things out wasn't possible. I am so grateful that I can turn to Him, seeking the help and answers I need, and if I accept them (even if I don't like them), He will help me align my heart with His.

No comments:

Post a Comment