Friday, September 3, 2010

Bubble Bath...

Last night I was getting in the bath, wishing once again that I had some bubble bath. Everytime I take a bath, I think the same thing. This has been going on for well over a year. Why, you might ask, don't I buy myself some bubble bath? Last night, I finally asked myself the same question. I go to the store all the time, I am the one primarily responsible for keeping our house stocked, why in the world did I not have bubble bath? It only took a moment for the ridiculous excuse to come to light. A long time ago, on a dark and chilly night, I got into the bath and thought to myself how much nicer this bath would be if only there was bubble bath. Maybe, I thought, someone will buy me some for my birthday or Christmas or Mother's Day, or some other holiday. And so, here I am, a year later, waiting for the inspiration to strike one of my beloved family members to buy me bubble bath. Meanwhile, each time I take a bath I lament the absense of the sweet smelling bubbles.

Does that not just sound absolutely ridiculous? Dang woman! Stop waiting around for someone to do it and go out and get what you want!

But the worst part, is that I find myself doing that with things far more important than bubble bath. I find myself doing that with love, with relationships, with dreams, with goals. I find myself wanting things to be different, and yet I do nothing but sit and wait for someone else to make it happen. I am responsible for myself. I have the power to make things happen. It is time to stop waiting for inspiration to strike someone else, and do what I can to change things.

Let's just hope that I still know how to do that.

1 comment:

  1. You know I was thinking the same exact thing today except I wanted hand towels:) You have inspired me to take matters into my own hands. But I've also noticed that I try to do everything and hope someone will ask to help and then I'm disappointed when I have to do it all myself:) Crazy. Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete